Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pissed Off

Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself, for who you are, where you come from and what you believe in.

Martin Luther King wrote, "The negro will only be truly free when he reaches down to the inner depths of his own being and signs with the pen and ink of assertive selfhood his own emancipation proclamation".

In General R.E, most people know I walked out of the lesson. Most of you are probably wondering why. Can such actions be justified? Yes, they can. In times of persecution by the Romans, Christians would still do what they believe in. If I believe in something, I will stand up for myself. I believed what Mr. Y did was wrong. He knows it, and I know it. When you start ridiculing my culture, my heritage and my skin colour, not only do you oppress my fellow countrymen but you oppress me. I did what I had to do. I only hope that you, the reader, would stand up for what you believe in. Maybe the world would be a better place for it.

djpailo

No comments: